Monday, September 19, 2016

Exemplar

Today I received an amazing surprise! I received an exemplar nomination from someone I have never met. Upon doing a bit of research I realized that we have never worked an event together, have no mutual friends that I know of, and don't even live in the same country. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

Why, then would this person nominate me?

For writing "Judge Reports."

While I don't necessary consider tournament report writing exemplary because most judges have written one at one time or another, I do consider it something I'm passionate about. I love judging; I love writing; and I love writing about judging. Even more than that, I love knowing that my writing about judging has had a positive impact on someone else. 

While the main goal of this blog is for me to have a place to put my thoughts as I organize them and process my experiences, I have opted to make it public so that others can share those experiences as well. Maybe we have things in common? Maybe we approach things completely differently? Maybe something I wrote will help you out at your next event? Maybe we'll have a discussion later about something you read?

The idea that my simple prose contributes positively to the judge community really excites me. Judges love helping each other - me included! And being able to do it through a channel that I'm passionate about is even better!

So in short, a huge thanks to everyone who reads my blog and my JudgeApps forum posts.  I appreciate you letting me be a part of your judge journey and I'm glad that you are a part of mine.

Also want to give a special shout out to the Exemplar Team. You guys do great and often thankless work implementing this program and you are appreciated too!

Note: While receiving this nomination was cool, now that it's been done, it need not be repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment